Saturday, July 14, 2012

Check!

This morning I checked the one thing I wanted to do off the list! I went to a yoga studio, -well in a gym membership kind of place a yoga class all the same- in Greece!  We got  there 25 minutes early, just to make sure, that's on time, American time. The teacher was awesome and spoke a little english- "You do realize I'll do the class only in Greek," and I replied, "Yes, it's what we've been waiting for! We will catch on!" She looked as us like we were crazy- but looked happy we were interested in her power yoga class.


Yoga could be universal like laughing is in any language. Yoga derives from sanskrit so familiar words came about during class; when she said "savasana" boy was I happy it was time for "resting, dead man pose."  Also the art of watching someone else, observational learning helps in any situation really.  Now I feel like I could do yoga in any country.  Even though I haven't seen any Greeks running in their neighborhoods or riding bikes- walking to the bus/metro is good enough, it's nice to know some people use their free time to work out in the alternative ways.  More Greeks should do yoga esspecially in this economic crisis- there would be less stress! Then have a frappe!


The class was actually hard=felt great.  During class I realized it would have been useful to have looked up words like- "jump forward", "right leg" , "left leg" and so on... to know a little of what to listen for! But as things were getting repeated I started to recognize sentences- ohh thats what that means... it was really neat.  




Trip complete.  


Just kidding but close.


I forgot to tell you our last site visit was to the island of Hydra.  It was beautiful, as every place we've seen here.  But it was quaint, with no cars except for garage and water trucks.  The sea taxis are everywhere to take you around the island's coast for different beach spots, but walking was better to take in the scenery.  I also learned that it would take 6 hours to hike to the highest point.






Looking for the perfect rock.









My favorite part was the beach of course.  There's nothing better than a round smooth rock! I collected more than a few- hey they aren't ancient ruin rocks so it's okay.  But the Aegean sea is every shade of blue and clearer than clear and that says a lot since I'm from "Clearwater."  It was a fun relaxing day and I could have rode a donkey again-but decided to pass on the opportunity again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment