Saturday, July 14, 2012

"The Clouds"


Last night we set out on a two hour journey to Epidaurus to see an ancient Greek play. Yes, all in Greek! 



It was an experience.  So aside from it being 98 degrees outside even after the sun went down we sat in the ancient theatre where performances were performed who knows how long ago! The stadium was built in the 4th century. B.C.  Crazy.

The whole time I paid close attention- (trying to understand of course) and I'd say I understood about every 45th word...that's better than nothing though! ha.

It was a comedy. You'd be surprise how funny it was even though I didn't know what was going on. Watching the other people's reactions in the crowd was interesting and enduring to see them enjoying themselves, appreciating their history's form of entertainment. 


I should go back and read the play... but there were moments where I was sure I knew what was going on.  It is all about the body language of a person, I live for observing a situation on how someone presents themselves.  No matter what language is being spoken, laughter is understood by all.  And most other forms of emotion.  


It was worth the two hour drive on the winding roads through the mountains.  It was beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment