Friday, July 20, 2012

Wrapping it up...

update: our days are numbered in Agia Paraskevi!   good news and bad news.

This is greeeat because this art history class at DEREE was my last credit to graduate! That being said it may have been the most difficult--- I'm not used to all this analyzing sculpture and pottery in the centuries that go backwards!! 5th to 4th... I'm getting it.  But seriously when there was no guidelines as to what to study... it was basically everything we ever saw in Athens and everything ever pictured in the book I was feeling defeated last night when everyone was attempting with note cards.

When all I studied was the pottery periods and a few sculptures and then barely any of that material was an essay choice... let's just say I was more charming than factual in my writing.

I think my British professor will appreciate this though.  I think I know he just wants to know if all the sculpture and art we have seen gave us a "warm feeling," in a sense.  This man lives, eats, breathes archeology. The way he has passionately preached to us for these last four weeks I'm sure he will be satisfied with our answers---  As long as the knowledge of being here and witnessing all the amazing history has made some sort of an impression on us American students.

SO I wrote all that knew even if it didn't apply to the picture in question.

We took a picture with him after our horrid exam today-  He said with a smile, "You were a pleasant lot to teach."  He's was a good professor.

Sadly, we are starting to have our lasts in our little neighborhood and on campus where we have called home for these last 5 weeks.

 Today after our last exam, me and my roommate had our last swim in the awesome olympic sized pool.  It makes me feel good that I have tried to take advantage of the facilities on campus. Also it is like the campus experience I never had, except I have had one but this has been more rememberable.

Tonight may be our last yoga session on our lawn. Tomorrow morning will probably be our last run through our little neighborhood, our last time we will get weird looks from the locals- "why are they working out?"

We are free to celebrate our time here and our last hoorah dinner Monday night will be in Kolonaki.  Where we will climb Lykavitos, the highest point in Athens!

Don't worry my last frappe or my new favorite cappuccino freddo won't be till minutes before we depart!


it's not over YET!



1 comment: